You help clients with the simplification of their (administrative) processes. You work with them to identify the simplification opportunities and set up the ideal case management workflow on our platform.
Skryv, Digital Gov entrepreneurs
Our mission is to simplify the (digital) interaction with and within the government. We are the fastest way to digitise government services. We offer low code software modules. Both for government agencies that provide services and companies that use digital government services.
With Skryv being part of the Vanden Broele group, you will experience the best of both worlds: a dynamic start-up culture within the stability of a larger group of experienced players.
A day at Skryv
At Skryv we are mainly working remotely (1 day per week at the office), so your workday usually starts in your home office. You open your laptop and check in on Slack to say hello and start the day. You work together with the team to deliver applications based on the Skryv platform to the client, both functionally and technically.
- You simplify the administrative processes by rethinking the functional flow, the information in the process, the wording of the questions, etc. In doing so, you always aim for clarity and simplification.
- You configure the solution via Skryv Studio and test it out. When doing this, you search for common patterns to reduce the overall work and finetune our simplification approach.
- You talk with the client to shape the customisations and integrations. You’ll need to get a good understanding of their architecture and non-functional requirements.
- You design the technical integrations such as web service calls, security integration and data fetching.
- Once the technical design is approved, you develop the customisations and integrations, again together with the team. All of our development is based on a modern technology stack (Java 11, Spring boot, Node.js, React, ElasticSearch, Camunda, docker, …)..
You do all of the above in close collaboration with the client during focused sprints.
You work with the rest of the team (peers, product engineers, product owner, sales & marketing) to identify and define creative and innovative solutions for client challenges.
Do you recognise yourself in this description? We want you to fit in with the team. Do not worry if you cannot tick all of the boxes yet, we are not perfect either.
- You have a master degree in computer science, IT, … or equivalent through experience.
- You have a strong affinity with or interest in web technologies.
- You like analysing and solving complex problems.
- You are a good communicator, in English, French and/or Dutch. You like to communicate regularly with our clients and the team. You always keep the customer in mind and get a good understanding of their needs.
- You want to take ownership of your work and deliver top quality.
- You like working in a team and you are not afraid to ask for help.
- You have the guts to work at a dynamic scale-up. This means that you are self-driven and autonomous, that you like to work in a quickly changing environment and have a flexible attitude whenever the job requires it (which of course works both ways).
- Are you looking for bonus points? Experience with BPMN is a plus.
What do we offer apart from your paycheck?
We want you (and all of us) to become the best in what we do. So you’ll get:
- An attractive reward package, including mobility budget (you choose the way you move around), digital budget, group insurance and health insurance.
- Projects with social relevance and on applications that reach thousands of citizens.
- The freedom to choose your tools (OS, IDE, …)
- A learning path that will advance your career, at Skryv we believe in T-shaping and continuously invest in our employees. You’ll learn on the job by pairing with your colleagues, as well as through formal training. We reserve fixed time slots dedicated to learning and exploring new topics, whether it is developing your technical skills or improving your soft skills. As a company, we want to foster curiosity and encourage you to experiment safely without fear of failing.
- Flexibility to organize your work (the two-way flexibility :).
- And of course, we have fun! No need to be serious all the time! Every 2nd Thursday of the month, we play games and have a relaxed portion of fun.
What's the procedure?
You get in touch with us through our mother company's job site or drop us a note at email@example.com, explaining why you want to work for Skryv and how your experience can help us to become even better as a company. A link to a blog, a github account or any other info is always a plus! Next, we set up a call to get to know each other. If you and we are convinced that there is a good match, you meet the team and do a short exercise that resembles the work you will do. If both sides are still happy and fully convinced, we sign a contract and get going!