As a full-stack developer of applications on the Skryv platform, you are the primary technical contact for the client. You get to know their architecture, you design & develop technical integrations and you install the solution.
You are comfortable in client settings and not afraid to roll up your sleeves. In short: this is the ideal role if you want to grow from a developer to an all-round technical designer and architect.
Skryv, Digital Gov entrepreneurs
Our mission is to simplify the (digital) interaction with and within the government. We are the fastest way to digitise government services. We offer low code software modules. Both for government agencies that provide services and companies that use digital government services.
With Skryv being part of the Vanden Broele group, you will experience the best of both worlds: a dynamic start-up culture within the stability of a larger group of experienced players.
A day at Skryv
At Skryv we are currently working fully remotely, so your workday usually starts in your home office. You open your laptop, check in to say hello and start the day with one of the following tasks:
- Talk with the client to design the technical solution (cloud infrastructure, features & integrations). You’ll need to get a good understanding of the client's architecture and requirements (both functional and non-functional).
- You develop the customisations and integrations, together with other developers and functional analysts. All of our development is based on a modern technology stack (Java, Spring, Node.js, React, ElasticSearch, docker, terraform, AWS, …).
- You roll out the solution using continuous delivery on our or the client's cloud infrastructure.
Do you recognise yourself in this description? We want you to fit in with the team. Do not worry if you cannot tick all of the boxes yet, we are not perfect either.
- You have a master's degree in IT, computer engineering or a related technical field.
You have a first experience with standard Web Security technologies (LDAP, Oauth2,…)
- You are familiar with Infrastructure as Code, continuous delivery, continuous integration and have a DevOps mindset.
- You are a good communicator, in English, French and/or Dutch. You like to communicate regularly with our clients and the team. You always keep the customer in mind and get a good understanding of their needs.
- You deliver high-quality, maintainable code of which you want to take ownership.
- You have the guts to work at a dynamic scale-up. This means that you are self-driven and autonomous, that you like to work in a quickly changing environment and have a flexible attitude whenever the job requires it (which works both ways, as you can read below).
- You are on the path of mastering Agile Technical practices (TDD, eXtreme Programming in general).
- You like working in a team and you are not afraid to ask for help
- You are not afraid to be wrong
- Are you looking for bonus points? Experience with BPMN is a plus.
What do we offer apart from your paycheck?
We want you (and all of us) to become the best in what we do. So you’ll get:
- An attractive reward package, including mobility budget (you choose the way you move around), digital budget, group insurance and health insurance.
- Projects with social relevance and on applications that reach thousands of citizens.
- The freedom to choose your tools (OS, IDE, …)
- A learning path that will advance your career, at Skryv we believe in T-shaping and continuously invest in our employees. You’ll learn on the job by pairing with your colleagues, as well as through formal training. We reserve fixed time slots dedicated to learning and exploring new topics, whether it is developing your technical skills or improving your soft skills. As a company, we want to foster curiosity and encourage you to experiment safely without fear of failing.
- Flexibility to organize your work (the two-way flexibility :).
- And of course, we have fun! No need to be serious all the time! Every 2nd Thursday of the month, we play games and have a relaxed portion of fun.
What's the procedure?
You drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining why you want to work for Skryv and how your experience can help us to become even better as a company. A link to a blog, a github account or any other info is always a plus! Next, we set up a call to get to know each other. If you and we are convinced that there is a good match, you meet the team and do a short exercise that resembles the work you will do. If both sides are still happy and fully convinced, we sign a contract and get going!