Skryv is a young company that builds an innovative software platform for the simplification of administrative processes and documents. We are currently working on several high-impact tracks with several thousands of users and are looking for a tech lead to join the team.
A day at Skryv
You will take up one or more roles on the technical side of our platform, working very closely with the product owner, other engineers and analysts. Typical roles you will be taking up are:
- Fostering & developing a DevOps culture (with the book Accelerate as one of the key sources of inspiration)
- Care for evolutionary design whilst leading and inspiring software development teams
- Build, support and coach cross-functional delivery teams focused on continuous learning
- Helping design our hosted SaaS platform, further developing our software platform (node, angular, java, …), always with the customer in mind
- Developing new functionality in the platform or applications that run on top of it
Do you recognise yourself in this description? We want you to fit in with the team. Do not worry if you cannot tick all of the boxes yet, we are not perfect either.
- You have a master’s degree in IT or equivalent through experience
- You are on the path of mastering Agile Technical practices (TDD, Continuous Integration, eXtreme Programming in general)
- You are familiar with cloud technologies, especially AWS
- You are able to break a complex problem into sub-problems and simplify each of them
- You have a broad technical interest and are keen to learn and share new stuff
- You want to take co-ownership of our code and platform
- You have worked in a lean environment. You aim for a smooth workflow, fast feedback and continuous learning.
- You aim to build the right thing right
- You are very conscious about the impact of taking shortcuts and avoid them whenever possible
- You communicate well and don’t mind working remotely
- You embrace changes and you don’t mind moving outside your comfort zone
- You like working in a team and you are not afraid to ask for help
- You are not afraid to be wrong
- You speak and write fluent English, as well as Dutch or French
What do we offer apart from your paycheck?
We want you (and all of us) to become the best in what we do. So you’ll get:
- Flexibility to organise your work to your own preferences
- If there are no client obligations, you choose to work where you prefer: 2 days a week we are physically together in our office in Brussels, the other days you are free to work from home, from the office or from any location that suits your day schedule
- You choose your tools (OS, IDE, …)
- We provide you with health insurance and a mobility budget (you choose how you move around) and cover your work-related expenses
- A lot of learning opportunities, both on the job and through a personalised training plan
- And of course, you get the opportunity to work in a young, growing team that has the ambition to have a big societal impact on administrative simplification, a topic that is high on all agendas!
What's the procedure?
Very simple: you drop us a note (firstname.lastname@example.org), explaining why you want to work for Skryv and how your experience can help us to become even better as a company. A link to a repo, blog or any other info is always a plus! Next, we set up a Skype call to get to know each other. If you and we are convinced that there is a good match, you come over for a few hours. You meet the team and do a short exercise that resembles the work you will do. If both sides are still happy and fully convinced, we sign a contract and get going!