As a Technical Consultant, you are the primary technical contact for the client. You get to know their architecture, you design & develop technical integrations and you install the solution.
You are comfortable in client settings and not afraid to roll up your sleeves. In short: this is the ideal role if you want to grow from a developer to an all-round technical designer and architect.
A day at Skryv
At Skryv we are currently working fully remotely, so your workday usually starts in your home office. You open your laptop, check in to say hello and start the day with one of the following tasks:
- Talk with the client to shape the customisations and integrations. You’ll need to get a good understanding of their architecture and non-functional requirements.
- You design the technical integrations such as web service calls, security integration and data fetching. You do this together with other developers and in collaboration with the functional analysts.
- Once the technical design is approved, you develop the customisations and integrations, again together with the team. All of our development is based on a modern technology stack (Java8, Spring boot, Node.js, React, ElasticSearch, Camunda, docker, …)..
- You install the solution on our cloud infrastructure or at the client’s infrastructure.
Do you recognise yourself in this description? We want you to fit in with the team. Do not worry if you cannot tick all of the boxes yet, we are not perfect either.
- You have a master's degree in IT, computer engineering or a related technical field.
You have a first experience with standard Web Security technologies (LDAP, Oauth2,…)
- You are a good communicator, in English, French and/or Dutch. You like to communicate regularly with our clients and the team. You always keep the customer in mind and get a good understanding of their needs.
- You deliver high-quality, maintainable code of which you want to take ownership.
- You have the guts to work at a dynamic scale-up. This means that you are self-driven and autonomous, that you like to work in a quickly changing environment and have a flexible attitude whenever the job requires it (which works both ways, as you can read below).
- You are on the path of mastering Agile Technical practices (TDD, Continuous Integration, eXtreme Programming in general).
- You like working in a team and you are not afraid to ask for help
- You are not afraid to be wrong
- Are you looking for bonus points? Experience with BPMN and Docker is a plus.
What do we offer apart from your paycheck?
We want you (and all of us) to become the best in what we do. So you’ll get:
- The freedom to choose your tools (OS, IDE, …)
- A learning path that will advance your career, at Skryv we believe in T-shaping and continuously invest in our employees. You’ll learn on the job by pairing with your colleagues, as well as through formal training. We reserve fixed time slots dedicated to learning and exploring new topics, whether it is developing your technical skills or improving your soft skills. As a company, we want to foster curiosity and encourage you to experiment safely without fear of failing.
- Flexibility to organise your work (the two-way flexibility :).
- A sports budget, a mobility budget (you choose how you move around), health insurance, a group insurance and we cover your work-related expenses.
- And of course, we have fun! No need to be serious all the time! Every 2nd Thursday of the month, we play games and have a relaxed portion of fun.
What's the procedure?
You drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining why you want to work for Skryv and how your experience can help us to become even better as a company. A link to a blog, a github account or any other info is always a plus! Next, we set up a call to get to know each other. If you and we are convinced that there is a good match, you meet the team and do a short exercise that resembles the work you will do. If both sides are still happy and fully convinced, we sign a contract and get going!